Confused About Benghazi?
If you are confused about what has actually transpired in the Benghazi situation, let’s peel back the layers on the events since September 11, 2012.
The U.S. experienced a terrorist attack this year in Benghazi, Libya on the anniversary of 9/11. There have been conflicting storylines from the White House and Obama administration and minimal analysis and reporting from the mainstream media prior to the November 6 election. Hopefully, with Senate hearings scheduled for next week, this is about to change.
The terrorist attacks on September 11, 2012 in Benghazi, Libya actually consisted of coordinated and strategic style military assaults on two separate U.S. diplomatic compounds. The first assault occurred at the main compound, which served as a U.S. Consulate, at about 9:40 pm local time. The second assault took place at the nearby CIA annex at about 4 am the following morning. These terrorist attacks killed four Americans, including Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, and the White House has experienced intense criticism over handling of security for the Benghazi consulate before, during, and after this attack.
There are many ambiguities to be cleared up and many questions to be answered. Among some of the most pressing are:
- definition of more than a dozen attacks and events in the 6 months prior to the September 11th attack;
- why administration officials publicly played up intelligence suggesting that the Benghazi attacks grew from spontaneous demonstrations launched by militants against a short film lampooning the Prophet Mohammed;
- why the administration mentioned, but played down, intelligence suggesting the involvement of militants with suspected connections to Al-Qaeda affiliates or sympathizers;
- justification for increased security for U.S. personnel and facilities in Benghazi seemed to be present but was denied, repeatedly;
- why CIA operatives were ordered to stand down and who gave the order; and
- whether U.S. intelligence agencies are well-enough funded and staffed with people with appropriate skills to properly operate in the Middle East and North Africa.
Hopefully the process of peeling this onion will be advanced in the coming weeks and Americans will learn the truth about how and why four Americans died on September 11. To date, many theories exist, and the administration has provided multiple explanations, or excuses, for their response, or lack of response, to this attack.
- Muslim Brotherhood Fox Was Hired To Protect Our Benghazi Consulate Henhouse (counterjihadreport.com)
- We Still Need Answers on Benghazi Attack (realclearpolitics.com)
- Feinstein: ‘Well Over 200′ Threat Warnings Against Benghazi Mission at Time of Attack (pjmedia.com)
- Rubio: We still need answers on Benghazi (hotair.com)
- Oops! McCain Once Offered Identical Assessment As Susan Rice On Benghazi Attack (kaystreet.wordpress.com)