Christmas for Comrades
Are you in the Christmas Spirit yet, Comrades?
Given the onslaught of depressing news and developments out of Washington D.C., it is understandable if you are not quite there yet. To wit, the following are a few of the stories that have kept me from, until now, putting on my proverbial Santa suite:
· There are 54 Christmas Trees in the White House. Normally, this would not even warrant comment. In years past, media complaints of Bush and Reagan displays being insensitive to the fact that there are homeless people annoyed me to no end. Elaborate decorations in “the people’s house” are appropriate. But, the hypocrisy of the display for this president — who demonstrates such disdain for the success of others and the trappings thereof — is difficult to accept.
· Speaking of homeless, the breathless wonderment in the reporting of a NYC police officer buying shoes for a homeless man is instructive. I cannot recall one story of the plight of the homeless during Obama’s presidency. How noteworthy that the media risked their narrative of the ongoing recovery by acknowledging the existence of a homeless person. Additionally, the media’s apparent surprise that anyone, especially a police officer, would be so kind as to help a person in need through their own effort and money is telling. It shows just how little the media elites know or understand most Americans. They cannot fathom that a majority of Americans are generous and commit millions of similar acts of kindness every day. And one should note — The Brenner Brief recently reported that the homeless man is shoeless again after hiding the shoes. Oh, well.
· MSNBC progressives visited the White House for consultations with the President regarding the fiscal cliff and other matters of paramount importance. Wow! It is amazing how many people view the president as the new messiah, but now we have the Magi of the media bearing gifts of frankincense and myrrh? God help us.
· Chuck Todd , Chief White House correspondent for NBC news, reported that a White House aide told him that if Lincoln had to deal with these Republicans there would still be slavery. A comment like that is so vile that deeming it acceptable to repeat such hateful nonsense says more about the media’s contempt for America than the idiocy of the person who allegedly said it.
· The fiscal cliff. It is obvious that Obama and progressives are serious about one thing and one thing alone — taxing the rich in the name of fairness. It matters not that taxing the rich funds eight days of government largesse, or that his economic report of 2012 shows the lower rates of the Bush tax cuts increased revenues. Redistribution is his religion. He has enough followers who are either misinformed or ignorant of economic fact. And, you are going to pay. Yes, the season of giving will now be year-round, ladies and gentlemen.
Ah, Christmas time is here.
If these and other developments are dampening your Christmas spirit, I humbly recommend a viewing of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. I found Clark Griswold’s rant oddly helpful for some reason. Warning — explicit verbiage:
“Nobody is leaving. Nobody is walking out on this fun old fashion family Christmas! Noooo! No! We’re all in this together! This is full-blown, four alarm holiday emergency here. We’re going to press on, and were going to have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap danced with Danny “blanking” Kaye.”
Amen, Clark! There are too many good things and good people in America. And the new Santa Clause and his fawning Magi in D.C. will not be around forever. If you haven’t already, I hope you find a way to get into the Christmas spirit soon, Comrades!
- Thieves bring out true Christmas spirit in ABQ neighborhood (KOB.com)
- I’m giving meaningful presents this Christmas (jaschmehl.wordpress.com)
- The Christmas Dog (madcapchristianscientist.wordpress.com)
- Got Christmas Spirit for me? (misifusa.wordpress.com)
- Christmas spirit – or lack thereof (suddenlytheyalldied.com)