BREAKING: House approves $9.7B in Sandy relief
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to provide $9.7 billion in relief for Hurricane Sandy victims today.
This number is much lower than the original amount requested – over $60 billion.
This story is developing. Stay tuned for details.
- Hurricane Sandy relief: Congress to vote on $9.7bn aid package (guardian.co.uk)
- Smith: “We need to act” on delayed Sandy relief bill (nj.com)
- U.S. Congress to vote on Superstorm Sandy aid (cbc.ca)
- Congress to vote on Superstorm Sandy flood aid (kansascity.com)
- Sorry, East Coast Republicans, but this is your party too (salon.com)