Another company reducing hours due to ObamaCare mandates
Although the mandate is not effective until 2014, according to economist Mark Zandi, , “it will have a negative impact on job creation” this year. Businesses are required to report employee hours 3-12 months prior to the mandate’s 2014 inception, so we expect more companies to announce changes as the year proceeds.
Walmart and Wendy’s will not stand alone making the choices required to fit their company’s business model. The International Franchise Association reports 31 percent of franchisees will reduce staff under 50 to avoid the Obamacare mandate, while other employers will reduce employee hours. A recent Mercer consulting study suggests approximately half of the employers who do not offer employee healthcare currently plan to use the latter option.
Employee layoffs and fewer hours are the consequences of the 2012 election.
The mainstream media will demonize these companies for implementing and following budgets to stay in business. But should they? Ask Hostess employees if they would prefer a reduction in hours or a job. Ask the Hobby Lobby employees if they prefer to have other benefits rather than their company’s paying a $1.3 million per day fine. The Brenner Brief has extensively covered the Hobby Lobby situation.
Sign up for The Brenner Brief newsletter! Free subscription; unsubscribe any time. Connect with conservative, alternative media — we are “rendering the mainstream media useless” at TheBrennerBrief.com!
- Suprise: Employers Cutting Hours, Reducing Hiring to Avoid ObamaCare’s Expensive Mandate (minx.cc)
- Obamacare Forces Employee Hours Cuts in Neb. Wendy’s (freebeacon.com)
- File Under Free Is Not Free: SURPRISE: OBAMACARE LAYOFFS AND HIRING FREEZES BEGIN (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Wendy’s Franchise Cuts Employee Hours To Part-Time To Avoid Obamacare (thinkprogress.org)
- Colleges reduce employee numbers (educationviews.org)