VIDEO: Dr. Benjamin Carson speaks strong truth at prayer breakfast, Obama present
Dr. Benjamin Carson spoke at Thursday morning’s National Prayer Breakfast where the president and first lady were present, among many other elected officials and Washington elite. Benjamin Solomon “Ben” Carson, Sr. is a neurosurgeon at John Hopkins Hospital, where he also serves as the Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery. While the entire speech is excellent, this video below is prompted to start at approximately 18 min. in to the speech where Dr. Carson specifically goes after President Barack Obama’s policies, with Obama sitting only two seats to Carson’s right. If you have the opportunity to listen to the entire speech to learn more about Carson, you will not be disappointed by his amazing background and what he has done to give back to the community.
This is a man who is not afraid to speak the truth.
Transcript of this important section, h/t RealClearPolitics:
DR. CARSON: What we need to do is come up with something simple. And when I pick up my Bible, you know what I see? I see the fairest individual in the universe, God, and he’s given us a system. It’s called a tithe.
We don’t necessarily have to do 10% but it’s the principle. He didn’t say if your crops fail, don’t give me any tithe or if you have a bumper crop, give me triple tithe. So there must be something inherently fair about proportionality. You make $10 billion, you put in a billion. You make $10 you put in one. Of course you’ve got to get rid of the loopholes. Some people say, ‘Well that’s not fair because it doesn’t hurt the guy who made $10 billion as much as the guy who made 10.’ Where does it say you’ve got to hurt the guy? He just put a billion dollars in the pot. We don’t need to hurt him. It’s that kind of thinking that has resulted in 602 banks in the Cayman Islands. That money needs to be back here building our infrastructure and creating jobs.
DR. CARSON: Here’s my solution: When a person is born, give him a birth certificate, an electronic medical record, and a health savings account to which money can be contributed — pretax — from the time you’re born ’til the time you die. When you die, you can pass it on to your family members, so that when you’re 85 years old and you got six diseases, you’re not trying to spend up everything. You’re happy to pass it on and there’s nobody talking about death panels.
Number one. And also, for the people who were indigent who don’t have any money we can make contributions to their HSA each month because we already have this huge pot of money. Instead of sending it to some bureaucracy, let’s put it in their HSAs. Now they have some control over their own health care.
Sign up for The Brenner Brief newsletter! Free subscription; unsubscribe any time. Connect with conservative, alternative media — we are “rendering the mainstream media useless” at TheBrennerBrief.com!
- Dr. Benjamin Carson Has His Say … (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson Epic Full Speech at National Prayer Breakfast Attacks Obama’s Failed Policies (newtgingrichforpresident2012.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson refutes Barack Obama’s agenda at Prayer Breakfast (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- ICYMI: Dr. Benjamin Carson’s speech at the National Prayer Breakfast (twitchy.com)
- National Prayer Breakfast – Dr. Benjamin Carson (heartnsoulblog.wordpress.com)
- Conservative Dr. Ben Carson speech upstages Obama at prayer breakfast (washingtontimes.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson at National Prayer Breakfast Attacks Obama’s Policies! (1389blog.com)
- Video: Dr. Benjamin Carson’s speech at the National Prayer Breakfast (hotair.com)
- Dr. Ben Carson Speaks Out On Political Correctness (jlue.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson: “I Would Be Willing to Debate Anyone on the President’s Team on Healthcare” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)