A rare uncomfortable moment for President Obama
It’s not often that President Barack Obama finds himself in a situation where he is compelled to listen to a rational message, yet earlier this week at the National Prayer Breakfast, this turned out to be the case.
Speaking to a large audience that included several representatives from the faith-based community, Dr. Benjamin Carson from John Hopkins Hospital delivered a truly inspirational message to those in attendance. The pediatric neurosurgeon covered topics ranging from the national debt to the complexities of our current tax structure.
Putting the tax issue into the context of fairness, Dr. Carson said, “There must be something inherently fair about proportionality. You make $10 billion dollars, you put in a billion, you make $10 dollars, you put in one.” If you watch the video, you’ll hear him continue on with this truly profound statement: “You’ll hear some people say, they say that’s not fair because it doesn’t hurt the guy that made $10 billion dollars as much as it hurt the guy that made 10. Where does it say that you have to hurt the guy? He just put a billion dollars in the pot.”
Personal responsibility was really the overriding message delivered by the world-renowned surgeon. As a medical professional, Benjamin Carson chimed in with his opposition against the American people paying into a government controlled bureaucracy, instead suggesting that health savings accounts are the more responsible alternative. This is a sentiment shared by many conservatives who have opposed Obamacare from the start. Ronald Reagan was the first to espouse the dangers of a government-run healthcare system during a famous speech given back in 1961.
The most thought-provoking topic in Benjamin Carson’s speech however was his disdain for political correctness and how he believes it is decaying the very core of our society. He boldly stated that “we’ve reached a point where people are actually afraid to talk about what they want to say, because somebody might be offended. We’ve got to get over this sensitivity and it keeps people from saying what they really believe.” There are too many recent examples of these sentiments to cover in this article that would prove his point, but let’s suffice it to say that political correctness is indeed a danger to our entire nation. It’s become not so much about what is said, or even how it is said, but about who says it and what political party they belong to.
Sign up for The Brenner Brief newsletter! Free subscription; unsubscribe any time. Connect with conservative, alternative media — we are “rendering the mainstream media useless” at TheBrennerBrief.com!
- VIDEO: Dr. Benjamin Carson speaks strong truth at prayer breakfast, Obama present (thebrennerbrief.com)
- Conservative Doctor Lectures Obama About Health Care, Debt, Tax Reform At Prayer Breakfast (mediaite.com)
- Obama gets his ‘medicine’ on live TV (wnd.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson Epic Full Speech at National Prayer Breakfast Attacks Obama’s Failed Policies (newtgingrichforpresident2012.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson Has His Say … (gadabout-blogalot.com)
- Gifted Hands Carson’s Common Sense Makes Obama Squirm (charlesoliverblog.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson refutes Barack Obama’s agenda at Prayer Breakfast (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Dr. Benjamin Carson at National Prayer Breakfast Attacks Obama’s Policies! (1389blog.com)
- The brilliance of Dr. Benjamin Carson (conservativelyspeaking.us)
- Dr. Ben Carson Speaks Out On Political Correctness (jlue.wordpress.com)