Will drones be used to kill alleged cop-killer Christopher Dorner?
UPDATE: The LAPD has now labeled Dorner a “domestic terrorist. Remember that Obama and his spokespeople have said that drones may be used to kill Americans who are terrorists oversees. Is this label the permission the LAPD needs in order to use a drone to take out Dorner? We simply ask the question.
Yesterday, as a task force of 125 officers, some riding Snowcats in the rugged terrain, continued their search, it was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.
A senior police source said: “The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.”
Asked directly if drones have already been deployed, Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, who is jointly leading the task force, said: “We are using all the tools at our disposal.”
The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.
He said: “This agency has been at the forefront of domestic use of drones by law enforcement. That’s all I can say at the moment.”
So the next question is… Will the police use the drone to kill Dorner if he is spotted? It’s a question worth asking. What is the official policy on this now that Obama has claimed executive powers in this arena?
Sign up for The Brenner Brief newsletter! Free subscription; unsubscribe any time. Connect with conservative, alternative media — we are “rendering the mainstream media useless” at TheBrennerBrief.com!
- LAPD to review ex-cop’s firing (cnn.com)
- Suspected LA cop killer, Christopher Dorner, still on the loose (newsfixnow.com)
- Weapons, Cold Weather Survival Gear Found Inside Christopher Dorner’s Truck (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Search in Big Bear for wanted ex-cop to resume Saturday – San Bernardino Sun (sbsun.com)
- LAPD Reopening Case That Ended In Christopher Dorner’s Termination (leaksource.wordpress.com)
- Police lose trail of fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- LAPD Is Reopening The Investigation Into Alleged Cop Killer’s Firing (businessinsider.com)
- Disturbing: Supporters, admirers leap to alleged murderer Christopher Dorner’s defense (twitchy.com)
- LAPD to reopen probe into fugitive ex-cop’s firing (cnsnews.com)
- Manhunt: Ex-LAPD cop thought to have stalked victims, sources say (latimesblogs.latimes.com)