The real story: why Obama was MIA during Benghazi
Those eagerly anticipating Benghazi testimony from senior White House officials found themselves perplexed by the House and Senate leaders’ inability to obtain answers to the most basic questions.
During Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta’s testimony, withering hope for finding the truth slowed its pace.The secretary provided insight to the DOD’s response before, during and after the attack on our U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
While Panetta monitored events throughout the night, we learned the POTUS was MIA. Other than his 30 minute conversation with the president at the attack’s inception, Secretary Panetta did not hear from Obama again for the remainder of the evening.
Questions posed by Senators Ayotte, Graham, and McCain pierced the Benghazi shroud obscuring President Obama’s actions or lack there of, as Commander-in-Chief on Sep. 11, 2012. However the difficult work to entirely eradicate the shroud and learn what lies beneath has only just begun.
In Sep. 2012, the DNC convention occurred a week prior to the Benghazi terrorist attack, and it’s theme was rooted in Barack Obama’s perceived foreign policy success.
Make no mistake, this hawkish message was calculated by Obama’s reelection team, and used to distract from the administration’s unpopular domestic policies. The home stretch campaign strategy – to march the mantra from the DNC convention halls and onto the campaign trail, arriving at its final destination — the White House for four more years.
In hindsight, the importance of covering up the Benghazi terrorist attack is far clearer. Team Obama, perpetrating a necessary evil to conceal the failure of the very foreign policy, presented it as the president’s greatest achievement less than a week before.
During a hotly contested battle for reelection, the 24/7 news coverage of a terrorist attack on a U. S. Consulate by an al-Qaeda insurgency within a country Obama ‘liberated’ would be, in a word, devastating. Thus, the political calculation to attack, delay and mislead was launched with little regard for the truth nor the lives lost. Unfortunately, the Obama campaign succeeded by using tactics allowing scarcely enough time to secure The President’s re-election.
- Tactic one: The White House immediately attacks Mitt Romney for speaking out about the Benghazi attack and Obama’s foreign policy mistakes prior to the president’s official response.
- Tactic two: MSM falls in line, picking up the White House’s attack Romney narrative. Immediate post-Benghazi coverage is focused on the timing of Mitt Romney’s statement rather than on the attack itself. The MSM’s attack Mitt coverage allowed enough time for low information voters to be influenced by tactic three.
- Tactic three: Mislead the American people by, repeatedly blaming the attack’s source, not on al-Qaeda or terrorism, but instead on a non-existent, spontaneous demonstration to a supposedly disgusting, awful, anti-Muslim, video.
In a White House press briefing, Jay Carney illustrates the importance of the video narrative, saying: “…And I would note that, again, the protests we’re seeing around the region are in reaction to this movie. They are not directly in reaction to any policy of the United States or the government….”
In October 2012, Obama was interviewed by Kyle Clark of Denver 9News, representing one of the first occasions we hear the president explain his actions upon learning of the Benghazi attack.
At the time, Clark’s interview was largely heralded as a victory for new media illustrating a rare moment when the president was forced to answer something other than scripted or softball questions. However, in light of Panetta’s testimony illustrating Obama’s disengagement during the terrorist attack, Kyle’s interview may also hold the key to President Obama’s Achilles Heel, eradicating the Benghazi shroud entirely.
The following is an excerpt from the interview:
KYLE CLARK: Were they (Navy Seals Tyrone Woods and Glen Dougherty) denied requests for assistance during the attack?
PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, we are finding out exactly what happened. I can tell you, as I’ve said over the last couple of months since this happened, the minute I found out what was happening, I gave three very clear directives. Number one, make sure that we are securing our personnel and doing whatever we need to. Number two, we’re going to investigate exactly what happened so that it does not happen again. Number three, find out who did this so we can bring them to justice. And I guarantee you that everyone in the state department, our military, the CIA, you name it, had number one priority making sure that people were safe. These were our folks and we’re going to find out exactly what happened, but what we’re also going to do it make sure that we are identifying those who carried out these terrible attacks.
The President, although stunned by an unexpected line of questioning, recovered well and sounded as if protecting those under attack was his highest priority the night of Sep. 11, 2012. However, his statement that he gave clear directives to do “whatever we needed to” is simply false.
Sign up for The Brenner Brief newsletter! Free subscription; unsubscribe any time. Connect with conservative, alternative media — we are “rendering the mainstream media useless” at TheBrennerBrief.com!
- Now we know how Barack Obama would handle a real crisis (floppingaces.net)
- White House Confirms: Obama Did Nothing on Benghazi (powerlineblog.com)
- White House Counsel: No Phone Calls from Obama During Benghazi Attacks (breitbart.com)
- President AWOL: Obama Made No Calls on Night of 9-11 As Terrorists Stormed US Consulate (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Why did the White House deceive us after the Benghazi attack? (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Confirmed: Obama made no calls, took no action during Benghazi attack (hotair.com)
- Lindsey Graham To Place Hold On National Security Nominees Over Benghazi Attacks (thinkprogress.org)
- Panetta Testifies that Obama Was Not Engaged During Benghazi Attack (iowntheworld.com)
- Graham: Call from Obama Would Have Helped Rescue Team Stuck at Benghazi Airport (pjmedia.com)
- CIA Refuses to Give Intel Committee Benghazi Related Documents (grumpyelder.com)