Sara Marie E. Brenner
Sara Marie Brenner is the Creator/Editor of TheBrennerBrief.com, and the host of “The Brenner Brief” radio show airing Mondays 9-1030p ET on BlogTalkRadio and Wednesdays 5-6p PT on KCAA 1050 AM in California.
Sara Marie Brenner
has been interested in politics since she was in middle school. At The Ohio State University
, she studied international relations theory in the political science department, and enjoys reading about economics, politics, leadership, international matters and business. Brenner is not afraid to combat arguments that grow government and squash businesses. Her brazen, conservative positions as a councilwoman and commentator have been on the leading edge.
Brenner was elected to Powell (Ohio) City Council in November 2009 and took office January 1, 2010. She is the only woman on Council, and was the only business owner on Council at the time of her inauguration. In addition, she is one of the first to be on Council from Golf Village, a large community in Powell, as two Golf Village residents were elected to Council in 2009. Brenner overwhelmingly won the Golf Village precincts in the 2009 election. On Council, she has served on the Finance and Development Committees, and currently serves on the Operations Committee. She leads a group called Powell Means Business, which meets monthly with area business owners to discuss ways Powell can be a better community for small businesses. She is a founding and former member of the Board of Trustees for the Community Improvement Corporation which focuses on economic development in the City.On the November 2, 2010 ballot, Powell City Council’s proposal to double the income tax failed. Sara Marie was instrumental in organizing and coordinating Friends of Powell, the organization that helped to defeat the tax by nearly 71% to 29%. Sara Marie was the only member of Council who did not support the City’s doubling the income tax.Brenner actively advocates for pro-business, pro-growth, conservative principles and legislation at all levels of government.
Sara Marie Brenner was raised in Central Ohio. A graduate of Olentangy High School, she studied political science at The Ohio State University and music performance, musical theatre and music business at OSU, Belmont University and Capital University. Her parents also still reside in Liberty Township.
She grew up studying music and performing often, starting with piano lessons at 2 1/2 years old and continuing on to study a variety of instruments, dance, theatre, speech, and songwriting. These experiences lead to her owning a music lessons company from 1992-2012. Her dedication to service started as a young child, performing several times per year on the piano, violin, flute, guitar or another instrument at nursing homes, USO shows and other venues.
Brenner has always been an entrepreneur. She started her first business at 12 years old, teaching nearly 85 piano and voice students through her high school and early college years. Through the ups and downs in the economy and learning how to run a business from scratch, Brenner knows what it’s like to go through tough times. She has had to forego her own paycheck to pay those working with or for her, and she has learned from her mistakes. At the age of 22 she built her home in Central Ohio and now has 20 years of business and people experience under her belt. Her trials, lessons and accomplishments are beyond her years. She now owns several businesses, all of which she started herself.
Through experience, she has learned the importance of working with others as a team, developing a vision for the future, properly delegating so that the vision is executed, serving customers, and hiring and retaining the best talent in her industry. Her current companies and Brenner are very involved in the community.
Brenner gives back in many ways. She is:
- A member of the national Executive Advisory Board and PAC committee for Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP)
- The Area Action Council Chair for Northwest Columbus for the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) in Ohio and a member of the NFIB Ohio Leadership Council
- A former member of the Board of Directors at Amethyst, Inc., a non-profit organization in Columbus helping women and their families, and of the Board of Trustees at Opera Columbus
- A former member of the Public Policy Committee at the Columbus Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), an organization in which she is still active
- The former Development Committee Chair for the Delaware County Republican Party (2008-2010), an organization in which she is still active
- The former Chair and Chartering Member of the Delaware County Young Republicans Club (2006-2011), and the former Communications Director on the Board of Directors for the Ohio Young Republicans
- A member of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), the Columbus Young Professionals Club, the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), the Greater Powell Area Chamber of Commerce, the Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Female Executives (NAFE), National Association of Professional Women (NAPW), Ohio Music Teachers Association and Music Teachers National Association, Ohio Music Educators Association, American College of Musicians, Athletic Club of Columbus, various Who’s Who listings
- A volunteer on many campaigns for individuals running for office
In 2009, Sara Marie married Andrew Brenner, and they reside in Ohio. She helps on his campaigns and they are involved together in advocating for conservative policies.